Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dating On The Web... A Captain Bob Update

Dating On the Web… An Captain Bob Update

Hello There… Captain Bob (willrain) bringing all you readers another Captain Bob tip. I wanted to write a follow up to my first article on dating survival on the web. In my first article, I came up with three simple rules or questions to ask keep in mind when trying to sift through the many posts on any personals website.
• "Is this ad from a real person?"
• "Is he or she just looking for sex?"
• "Can I relate to the poster?"

Once you have filtered through the ads, hopefully you have found a few worthy enough of your response. When composing a reply to an ad the number one rule is to be original.
Being original and unique, gives you an advantage and allows you to stand out. One of my favorite ways to win attention in a reply is using poetry. If the ad is posted with a picture, you could write a short customized poem about her picture. This one I wrote for my current sweetheart in my first reply.

“For You”
She has those chocolate brown eyes
They send me dreaming into the skies
Her black wavy hair was caught in a breeze
Her lovely looks made me weak in the knees
Replying by lying to her would not be wise

If you suffer from the lack of poem creativity, feel free to borrow one of your favorites from a favorite author. Hell, Hallmarks cards have saved even me when I was facing major writer’s block. Make sure that you tell her that you borrowed it from a card though. Say, “I found this little thing and it reminded me of you perfectly.” Something like that. If you have a good reliable funny bone, use it. One thing every human like to do is laugh. Women tell me over and over again, that a sense of humor is one of the top things that they look for.

Don’t forget that the poem and or joke are just openers to your reply. You still have to tell give a description of who you are and what you are looking for. Essentially, you are writing an ad but you are only posting to one person. One big hint is not to lie in your reply. If you have to resort to lying in your reply, you probably won’t make it past the first date. Let him or her know who you are up front. Make sure that your response is longer than three lines unless you can be extremely concise.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind
• Longer than three lines
• Be 100% Honest
• Perfect grammar, no spelling errors or weird characters such as “æ”
• Include hobbies, jobs, interests
• Include a picture if you are responding to an ad with a picture*
*The poster took the risk to put their image out there, least you could do is send a real one back.

Once you have finished the body of your response, feel free to use a cute closing salutation. One of my favorites is “Cheers” because I would like to thank them for reading my response. It’s not a cover letter for a job application. Have some fun with it and you will stand out.

It’s worked for me a Captain Bob Guarantee.

1 comment: